Scale model builder
Contract work for Scale Model Builder available
Aero Creations is a company that has been in the industry for 25 years. We are looking for a handy, young person living in or near Centurion who can join our team of professional model builders. We have a well-established client base and is known for our quality and attention to detail. We offer an opportunity for a skilled individual to create a career as a Scale Model builder which offers a challenging and unique working opportunity. It is a highly satisfying career choice as it requires a high degree of multitasking and skill.
We are looking for a person with very good hand skills that can translate computer generated 2D or 3D drawings and/or photographs to hand manufactured scale models.
• Reading drawings and interpreting them.
• Visualise designs in 3D .
• Setting up and operating machines, such as lathes, drill presses, or band saws, to fabricate prototypes or models.
• Layout and mark reference points and dimension on materials, using measuring instruments and drawing or scribing tools.
• Grinding, filing, and sanding parts to finished dimensions.
• Study photos, drawings, or sketches, and compute dimensions for laying out materials and planning model production.
• Align, fit, and join parts, using bolts, or screws, or gluing, or other adhesives.
• Inspect and test model or other product to verify conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
• Using a laser cutter to cut certain parts of model from various types of materials.
• Making and planning silicone moulds (mould making)
• Casting pieces of Resin (casting)
• Sanding castings to prepare for final assembly (model building)
• Planning and management of storage area, that includes packaging of masters and moulds.
• Cutting and engraving of wood bases and boxes with laser cutter.
It may be useful to have an Higher National Certificate, Higher National Degree, foundation degree or degree in graphic design, model making, 3D design or art and design
• Must be able to read and create 3D drawings in Coral draw or similar.
• Technical drawing experience
• Scratch-build experience
• Good communication skills.
• Creative problem solving.
• Able to follow instructions.
• Must be able to work with hands
• Project planning
• General understanding of workplace conditions.
• Reliable, own transport with Drivers license.
Contract terms and conditions negotiable.
Samples / evidence of work done must be provided
Job Location: 124 Golf Avenue Clubview West Centurion, Gauteng 0157
Please send your CV to email@example.com using reference ACSMBW.